Anyone pi@#$ off with the current trend of casual HUMONGOUS spoilers everywhere?

Please keep it civil and respectful of others
Tylderon

Anyone pi@#$ off with the current trend of casual HUMONGOUS spoilers everywhere?

Post by Tylderon »

This is a weird trend I've noticed in the last 3 or 4 years and it bugs me to no end. It's not the oh-so-common "I just got into the Internet and dunno netiquette" either (a crime I myself am guilty of, on the first Horizons IIRC) - it's something weirder. A mix of spoilers-in-video-thumbnails-to-make-sure-they-get-that-sweet-click + a major disregard for whatever the wreck anyone else is thinking.

Just saw this recently in a Mastodon thread where this girl who's NOT on her first days online said she hated a specific film (released THAT WEEK) and only loved one scene - and proceeded to spoil the best scene in the entire damn flick (which is also supposed to be a cool mystery - double freaking spoilage).

Friggin' annoying.

</old-man ramblings>
Grandor Dragon

Re: Anyone pi@#$ off with the current trend of casual HUMONGOUS spoilers everywhere?

Post by Grandor Dragon »

I know what you mean, especially if it's from people who's been on the web as long as you have. It's like facing some kind of twisted version of yourself, you know, just like in UIX with the Guardian being your evil twin.
Grandor Dragon

Re: Anyone pi@#$ off with the current trend of casual HUMONGOUS spoilers everywhere?

Post by Grandor Dragon »

I think the pendulum has swung back on spoiler aversity as it seemed things got to the point where media could not be discussed at all. Some plot points should be left unspoiled, but if something is well-told, a spoiler won't hurt much.

My wife and I are currently into Mad Men (late to the party, yes, it is excellent). I have been spoiled about a big event down the line, but I don't mind to be honest.

The internet also spoiled me about something happening in the Mandalorian (I have since caught up). However, that show is so mediocre that I just didn't care.

(We should so a Star Wars thread.)
Tylderon

Post by Tylderon »

However, that show is so mediocre that I just didn't care.
THE INTERNET!!!! THIS MAN JUST DISSED THE MANDALORIAN! CANCEL TIME!!!!!
(We should so a Star Wars thread.)
Why, your wish is my command!