I invoke THE WISDOM OF THE BOARD

Please keep it civil and respectful of others
Tylderon

I invoke THE WISDOM OF THE BOARD

Post by Tylderon »

Hiya peeps.

I clearly remember reading about a very interesting polarizing "study" of sorts that was going on somewhere between 2010-2015. There were two differing viewpoints regarding the impact of the growing Internet usage (and probably social media as well) on learning. I'll be honest here, I can't remember if it was the impact on learning per se, or on perceived "intelligence", but there were definitely two sides to it - one researcher posited that the impact would be positive, and it could already be felt, while another one had a radically oposite viewpoint - that it would be highly detrimental and that (again), it could already be felt. I thought the divergence was fascinating, but I lost touch with the original articles (what I read wasn't the academic source - those were online magazine / website articles on the subject, short but interesting stuff).

I'm ridiculously curious about their stance on this subject after the whole debacle of common sense and any sort of faith in humanity's overall level of intelligence after ther resurgence of hip fascism, Trump and the absurd, obnoxious and DEADLY attitudes found worldwide regarding COVID. What's killing me is that this subject (how humanity can be dumb as fu@#$) is now ridiculously common, and I can't for the life of me find the original articles (or similar articles).

Does anyone remember about this at all? Any pointers to this discussion, or similar ones? I hate it when I don't keep links to interesting stuff...